I was watching binge watching season 3 of HBO's series VICE the other night at saw an saw some of the horrible deforestation going on in Indonesia. It served as a reminder of how important and precious our planet is. Today is Earthday, and there is no better time to send out an email with reminders of what we can do for our beautiful earth: Here are the top 10 things YOU can do for our planet:
1. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - By recycling half your garbage, you can save 2,400 pounds of carbon dioxide annually.
2. Use The Heater and AC Less - Put on a sweatshirt or find a snuggle buddy, it uses less energy.
3. Get CFL Lightbulbs - Incandescents are old news.
4. Ride Your Bike. - It’s better for you.
5. Buy Eco Products - From companies that know what’s up.
6. Use Less Hot Water - Showers, washers/dryers and dishwashers are energy suckers.
7. Turn Off The Lights When You’re Gone. - It drives mom crazy anyways.
8. Plant A Tree. - A single tree will absorb 1 TON of carbon during it’s lifetime.
9. Hit Up Your Utility Company. - Many utility companies offer rebate programs to help pay for the cost of energy efficient upgrades.
10. Encourage Others To Conserve. - Tag your friends in the comments below to let your friends know. (oh and they can look at my custom shoes =)
Buy the Earth Toms HERE.